Light by RocketLife is essentially your traditional 6 foot RGB LED strip on steroids. Instead of changing all LEDs on the light strip at once, with only one color at a time, Light by Rocketlife, allows you to assign individual colors and patters to each LED. This gets you truly customized lighting options not typically possible with mainstream products. This comes at a cost of course, totaling at $149.95 for two 6.5′ LED strips, the LightBox Bluetooth LED animation device, Light Effects Design software, and the LightMobile app for iOS and Android. As you can see, this isn’t a normal LED kit, and the price reflects it. Although we haven’t put hands on this product yet, the high resolution photos suggests high quality RGB strips which is arguably the most important component. You want bright and vibrant lighting, afterall. We can only hope the final product release of the LightBox, which is essentially the brains of the operation, will also be of high quality.
Tinkerers will appreciate the LightBox being extensible, allowing you to add more boxes or other custom peripherals to the system over time. It’s good to know you aren’t stuck with what comes with the base kit, with no option to improve upon it. You can use this system for DIY projects, animated signs, retail displays, and more. Although we haven’t reviewed one of these first hand yet, I wanted to share this product because there really isn’t an affordable LED solution with individually assignable colors available in an affordable consumer space. Once you receive this kit, you install the LEDs on whatever project you deem applicable, then use the included software to program static or dynamic color patterns, and make the display look exactly how you envision. You can even interact with the Lightbox via Bluetooth and the mobile app.
The kickstarter goes live on November 13th, so be sure to visit the site as soon as you can if you want to secure an earlier shipment time. Expected ship time is Q2 of 2019.
Website and Kickstarter Link: https://rocketlife.com/light/index.html
If you want to learn more, read on for the official press release, and be sure to visit the site for more pictures and details.
Plug & Play Easy for Beginners with Power for Professionals & DIY Makers Lighting for Home & Business: Animated Signs, Holiday & DJ Lighting, Crafts, Bikes & Cars, Wearables, Costumes, PC Mods & Dramatic Works of Art
– All with Customizable, Multi-Layered Light Motion Effects that Tell a Story
Light by RocketLife Includes LightBox Bluetooth Device, 2 Meters (6 ½ Feet) of LED Lights, Design Software, & App to Adjust Lighting Instantly from Your iOS & Android Device Press Release: http://www.thomas-pr.com/rocketlife/rocketlifelightreleaseforweb.html
November 8, 2018, Folsom, California − RocketLife, www.RocketLife.com, award-winning developer of breakthrough visual technologies, announced today Light by RocketLife https://rocketlife.com/light, the world’s most creative lighting system. Light by RocketLife is an easy-to-use hardware and software system that adds dynamic lighting to almost anything. Unlike conventional systems that are limited to one color at a time or preset patterns, Light allows anyone to create multi-layered effects that blend and move with rich color transitions, sparkles, and natural motion effects that tell a story.
Light provides creative home and business lighting that’s perfect for animated signs, retail displays, holiday lighting, club and DJ lighting, sparkling DIY crafts, mobile bling for bikes and cars, flashing wearables for nightclubs and parties, creative costumes, PC mods, and dramatic works of art. Light’s integrated Bluetooth LE lets you control it all from your iOS or Android device with the included LightMobile app.
Create a Mood, Enhance an Occasion, or Just Have Fun − Plug & Play Easy for Everyone to Use
Light by RocketLife is plug-and-play easy for everyone to use. Beginning users can simply connect the compact LightBox Bluetooth device to the included LED strip and choose a lighting effect on their phone for instant atmosphere. Or anyone can load a photo into the included Light Effects Designer Software, draw virtual lights on top, and quickly light up a home or other project. For more advanced users, designers, audio/video enthusiasts, lighting pros, makers, and other creative people, the Light hardware and software also include numerous options to add Light to interactive art, games, and other electronic projects.
Light by RocketLife includes:
• LightBox: a compact Bluetooth device featuring RocketLife’s advanced LED animation hardware. LightBox is about the size of a small stack of business cards, with measurements of 3¾” (length) x 1-5/8″ (width) x 1″ (height).
• 2 meter (6½ foot) strip of addressable LED lights: LightBox supports a wide variety of popular LED strips, discs, holiday strings, and grids. RocketLife will post a compatibility list on its site.
• Light Effects Designer Software for Mac and Windows: a powerful, timeline-based animation editor with drag-and-drop simplicity.
• LightMobile App for iOS and Android: features Bluetooth LE for instant remote control of LightBox to adjust lighting.
Light is different from anything else because it lets you tell stories, from beautiful sunrise and sunset sequences on your wall to sophisticated holiday lighting and attractive displays. “Ever since we were kids, we’ve loved lights,” said RocketLife CEO Daniel Kaye. “We wanted to invent something that would let anyone add fantastic lighting to all parts of their lives, yet was powerful enough for professionals to create amazing new experiences. With Light, the technology is finally here to put the lighting we dreamed about within the reach of everyone.”
Light by RocketLife Features:
● Easy to Use: choose from a huge list of dynamic programs and effects, or make your own.
● Flexible Power: use Light anywhere with its internal rechargeable battery, or add an optional power adapter for continuous use. (Battery life depends on the type of effects.)
● Works with a variety of LEDs: from light strips to grids, circles, discs, and holiday strings.
● Expandable: Includes additional features for connecting different types of LEDs, sensors, and even audio peripherals for advanced makers.
● Wireless: the easy Bluetooth app lets you change programs instantly from your phone or computer.
● Advanced Effects: layer animations for smooth crossfades, sparkles, and highlights.
● Powerful Layouts: load a photo into the software, draw lights on it, add some patterns, and create amazing custom lighting. You can even create groups of differently animated lights.
● Universal: easily produces effects for home and business lighting, holiday lighting, arts, crafts, retail displays, signs, wearables, cars and bikes, PC mods, costumes, DJ lighting, parties, and much more.
● Made in the USA: LightBox is designed and manufactured in the USA.
Pricing and Availability
Light by RocketLife will launch via Kickstarter on Tuesday, November 13, shipping Q2 2019 for $149.95 Suggested Retail Price. Early backers on Kickstarter can choose substantial early-bird discounts. To sign up for advance notice of the Kickstarter launch specials, visit www.rocketlife.com/light. Light by RocketLife comes with the LightBox Bluetooth LED animation device, a 2 meter (6½ foot) strip of addressable LEDs, Light Effects Designer software for Mac and Windows, and the LightMobile App for iOS and Android.