Holy style Batman! Talk about unique… V-MODA has never been known to shy away from bold designs, and the Forza Metallos are no different. The battery is designed to tuck away nicely behind your collar, while providing great endurance and strong connectivity. After pulling in the Bluetooth signal from your phone, the audio source is processed via the Qualcomm® aptX™ technology, which is then delivered to your ear via newly developed 5.8mm neodymium drivers. When you get drivers that large jammed into an in-ear headphone, expect glorious sound to follow. The Qualcomm® aptX™ allows CD-like sound to be transmitted wirelessly. That means there isn’t anything holding back this new stunning new set of earbuds.
Ergonomics are handled via TrapLock™ Technology, which V-MODA claims is the ultimate solution to guarantee the best stability and fit. This is essentially and audiophile-grade wireless headphone that’s designed to handle a jog or trips to the gym. The headset is forged in CNC aircraft-grade lightweight aluminum and has been MIL-STD-810G tested to withstand normal to extreme use in different conditions. Don’t let the durability fool you though, as each headphone comes with four sets of silicone fittings and three sets of ActiveFlex™ sports fins to change the size/shape of the earbud and ensure a snug and comfortable fit. If you like jogging in the rain or a hot sweaty day, rest assured knowing that your Forza Metallo Wireless headphones are sweat and weather resistant.
Important tech specs to note are the 33′ Bluetooth connection range, which is typical of Bluetooth 4.1. They also allow simultaneous pairing with two devices, and the lithium-ion battery allows up to 10+ hours or music and calls. If that’s not enough, a 15 minute quick charge will give you two hours of playback. The headphones also have noise cancelling technology, a three-button remote that’s compatible with Apple and Android, and a vibrating neckband that alerts you of an incoming call.
Now for the crazy part: 3D printed, jewel-grade custom caps. To put it more specifically, you can actually order real Platinum, 14k gold, or gold plated caps ranging from $250 (plated) to $7500 (Platinum). If you want all the sound quality and features but without the bling, don’t worry. These headphones are fully functional with their starting price of $170. You can still customize your headphones with HD acrylics for $40 a pop after your purchase, or $20 during the purchase. At least you have options!
All in all this is a great set of wireless headphones for less than $200. These aren’t much more than your average set of Bluetooth headphones at Best Buy. In fact, they’re actually less money than some of the higher end ones at the store. If you want something truly unique, with the option to customize even further, look no further than V-MODA. Their designs and sound quality are a cut above the rest.
Forza Metallo Wireless features:
- 5.8mm Micro Hi-Res Driver – Delivers unique, balanced sound and natural stress-free acoustics with a vivid 3D Soundstage
- Qualcomm aptX™ Audio Codec – Highest end for CD quality wireless audio playback
- Titanium TrapLock™ Ergonomics – Unrivaled minimalism forms to your body and the unique form factor eliminates “space ring around the collar”, lost earbuds, dongle cases, bad battery life and reduced reception
- Military-Level Durability – Engineered and tested beyond Military-level quality MIL-STD-810G test standards to withstand every challenge, from commuting to hard-core workouts
- Futuristic Sweat and Weather Resistant Nanocoating Technology
- BLISS™ 3.0 Fittings – Four different sizes of BLISS (Bass Level Isolating Soft Silicone) 3.0 fittings ensure outstanding noise-isolation, tightest bass and best fit
- ActiveFlex™ Sport Fins – Detachable, patent pending ActiveFlex sport fins available in 3 sizes for best fit and stability while running or working out
- Lithium-ion Long-Lasting Battery – Up to 10+ hours of music playback and ultra-fast charging
- Noise-Cancelling Dual Microphones – Crystal-clear calls and voice recognition
- 10m Range and 2-Device Connectivity – Pair your Bluetooth device and enjoy your headphones up to 10 meters (33 feet), multitask and pair with 2 devices at the same time
- iOS Battery Indicator and Widget
- Forza Metallo Wireless
- 4 pairs of BLISS™ 3.0 fittings in XS, pre-installed S, M and L sizes
- 3 pairs of ActiveFlex™ sport fins in S, M and L sizes
- 2 pairs of RemixRings
- Designed in Italy carrying pouch
- Six-Star Service
- 1-Year Premier Warranty
- 50% Immortal Life Program Replacement
You can purchase your very own set here! http://v-moda.com/Forza-Metallo-Wireless