Fantom Drives, a company innovating in consumer, prosumer, and SMB storage industries, has announced their latest product, the VENOM8 NVME SSD drives. Offering some mind boggling performance, with support for PS5, the VENOM8 is a welcome option for content creators and gamers alike. One of the first gaming storage devices I ever used was a Fantom XSTOR, which brought 3.5″ HDD expansion storage to my Series X, something I greatly needed and appreciated at the time.
We’ve come a long way since then, and the VENOM8 provides next generation gaming and content creation some top of the line performance. Perhaps one day I’ll be able to review this wonderful drive, but in the meantime, take a look at the features and specs below!
The Fantom Drives™VENOM8 Solid State Drive line with PCIe Gen4 x 4 interface easily ranks as one of the fastest solid state drives available in the consumer market, with industry-leading read and write speeds. In addition to the above listed motherboard compatibilities, VENOM8 models also offer plug-and-play compatibility with PlayStation 5 gaming consoles. Using the latest 3D TLC NAND technology, the VENOM8 line provides video/audio professionals, gamers and business professionals with the highest performance solution possible to run the most intensive games and software.
Features of VENOM8 Drives Include:
• Hyper performance read/write speeds up to 45X faster than hard drives, 13X faster than SATA SSDs, and 2X faster than previous generation M.2 NVMe drives.
• Simple installation and compatibility with PCIe, Gen4, Gen3, Gen2 and Gen 1 motherboards.
• Blazing fast PC and console gaming load time performance with deep gaming library capacity. Load games faster than a stock PS5 SSD drive and store over 100 directly playable games with the 4TB VENOM8.
• Future-proof SSD storage integrated with 176-Layer 3D NAND technology and SK Hynix DDR4 DRAM Cache. VENOM8 is equipped with TRIM support, SMART (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology), APST, and LDPC ECC algorithm.
• Extremely high reliability with 3000TBW endurance, 1.6 million hours of MTBF, and an extended 5-Year warranty.
• Military-grade data security with End-to-End Data Path Protection and AES 256-bit encryption.
Available VENOM8 models include:
• VM8X10: 1TB Drive – UPC: 749656173378 – ($124.95 USD MSRP)
• VM8X20: 2TB Drive – UPC: 749656173385 – ($224.95 USD MSRP)
• VM8X40: 4TB Drive – UPC: 749656173392 – ($599.95 USD MSRP)
You can learn more here!
Be the first to comment