The Samson Meteor Mic is a USB enabled mic that’s compatible with Windows, Mac, and iPads (using the Apple USB adapter). Although not quite studio quality sound as advertised, for the money it’s an excellent microphone. The cool retro asthetic can also be a hinderance due to it’s limited positional capabilities. All in all, it has all the important features that count. It has 1/8″ out for live monitoring, mic gain adjustment, mute button, mic stand support, and great sound for the money. The USB cable makes installation a snap. Windows and Mac will use it with a standard USB driver, no setup disc needed. All in all, for a sale price of $69.99, it’s tough to beat.
Here’s a video of the unboxing, with audio recorded in real time using the Samson mic. You can compare the fidelity difference between this and what many people typically use for PC chat.
[youtube id=”TLUjnPg8JxA” mode=”normal” align=”center”]
- Large, 25mm diaphragm condenser for rich audio recording
- Cardioid pickup pattern
- Smooth, flat frequency response of 20Hz – 20kHz
- CD quality, 16-bit, 44.1/48kHz resolution
- Fold-back leg design provides optimal mic positioning
- Durable chrome-plated body
- Plugs directly into any computer with a USB input, no drivers required
- Compatible with most computer-based digital audio workstation software
- Stereo 1/8-inch headphone jack for no latency monitoring
- Headphone volume control with microphone mute switch
- Includes USB cable and carry pouch
Be the first to comment